It’s that time again, changing colors on the trees and air is getting just a bit crispier in the morning. It’s fall and for me nothing screams fall than pumpkin, cinnamon and cloves!
I’m not sure about you guys but when it gets older outside I want to stay wrapped up in my blankets in bed, which makes it super difficult to get ready for work in the morning. These pumpkin breakfast cookies are a great grab and go when you’ve slept in or just running a bit later than usual. I for one think they are filled with fantastic super foods to wake you up and fuel your day! I think these cookies are so great I usually double the recipe.
Here’s how it goes
1/4 C Coconut Oil
1/4 C Honey or maple syrup
2 C Old Fashioned Oats
2/3 C Dried Cranberries (or whatever dried fruit you like, but I like cranberries for the fall)
2/3 C Pumpkin seeds
1/4 C Ground Flax Seed
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Cloves
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 C Pumpkin Puree
1 ripe Banana
Optional: I also added a handful of chopped pecans for more of a crunch I think it really pulls everything together!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl warm the honey and coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and salt. Add pumpkin puree, mashed banana, and warmed honey and coconut oil.
- Drop about a 1/4 size scoop onto the cookie sheet and flatten into a circular shape. Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are brown.
- Let cookies cool before moving them into storage containers.
Try these out, let me know what you think! I’d love to see how yours turned out or what you added, take a picture of your cookies and post it on Instagram and tag @alexanadenise #alexanadenise