With Halloween right around the corner, and today being Friday the 13th I thought what a perfect opportunity to share with you some of my favorite movies to get into the season! First and foremost, I am going to say there is definitely a mix of different movies on this list but they are all great! I’m excited to share with you my favorite Halloween movies, be sure to check out my favorite Halloween reads as well between these movies and the books the Halloween spirit will surely be with you!
1.Hocus Pocus (1993)
This will forever be my favorite movie ever, I always watch this when it’s on TV, but also have my own copy when I want to watch it whenever! I can’t get enough of these three witch sisters, I will tell you at one point I wanted to be a Sanderson sister. Really though, what girl didn’t?
2. GhostBusters (either version: 1984, 2016)
Either of these versions are great but my favorite is the new 2016 version basically because the cast is absolutely awesome but the ghosts seem so real!
3. Sleepy Hollow (1999) Tim Burton’s done it again, based on the novel “The Legend of the Sleepy Hollow” the film mixes fantasy, and horror
4. Addams Family (1991) Not just the original but all of the Addams Family movies are classic Halloween movies to get you ready for the season.
5. Halloween Town (1998) Like I mentioned before, this is your not so scary movie but a Disney classic. When I was a kid whenever this came on abcFamily you knew where to find me. The original is great but the story continues following Marnie through High School and College.
6. Practical Magic (1998) Although Sally and Gillian were born into a magical family they did their best to stay away from the family traditions. Although they were usually far apart they were entwined by their magic until something horrific goes wrong, the sisters decide to give themselves a crash course in magic to save their own lives.
7. Trick ‘r Treat (2007) Stories of tradition and long told tales are hard to forget here in this small town when residents find themselves faced against real monsters and goblins on Halloween night.
8. Friday the 13th (2009) Everyone’s favorite hockey masked killer, set on Crystal lake a rundown summer camp isn’t the only thing that Clay Miller finds.
9. The Babadook (2014) A traditional tale of a widow and her son that says he is being haunted by a monster in a book. You’ll have to watch to find out what happens when the mother discovers her son was right!
10. Beetle Juice (1988) Another Tim Burton classic, when a family moves into a haunted house they try to get rid of the spirits themselves. Unfortunately that attracts another unwanted and dangerous house guest.
11. Lovely Bones (2009) After being brutally murder, Susie Salmon watches her grief stricken family from above, but she must balance her thirst for revenge and her families need of healing. A very intense movie with lots of twists and turns, I spent half the movie covering my eyes.
12. Casper Meets Wendy (1998) The friendly ghost and his new friend Wendy the witch, I like this movie better than the original because well I’m a fan of witches for one, but the story line between Wendy and Casper is just perfect as they become fast friends. Casper and his family help Wendy and her aunts from a frightful warlock.
13. House of Wax (2005) A classic horror story when a group of college friends get together headed for a school football game they end up with a flat tire in a ghost town. They are forced to find help in the only place open, the wax museum, while poking around they find that not everything is as it seems.
14. Nightmare on Elm St. (1984) Freddy Kruger, a mangled murder, preys on teenagers in their dreams which then kills them in reality. After investigations, it doesn’t take long for Nancy and her boyfriend to start questioning and unraveling the mystery.
15. The Amityville Horror (2005) When a couple moves into a great big house in the small town of Amityville N.Y. it was to good to be true along with a cheap price tag. The Lutz family finds out the last tenant brutally murdered his family, supposedly being possessed by the devil these spirits still haunt this young families new home.