Well, it’s almost here! Thanksgiving, it’s one of my favorite Holiday’s because it’s one of few that brings family together and really how much more can a girl ask for? Also, with Thanksgiving here that basically means that Christmas and New Years are right around the corner, and that I can’t believe! Welcome 2018!!
Well wait, I’m getting ahead of myself here lets back up…Back to Thanksgiving, like I was saying everyone gathers together around food, and fun! Everyone knows Thanksgiving is all about the food, whether your having a traditional meal with all the fixings including the roasted turkey, sweet potato casserole with the crunchy brown sugar and pecan topping (maybe also some marshmallows!) sausage and apple stuffing, and pumpkin pie! Or maybe the menu is a little non traditional. Either way wherever there is food there are DRINKS!! Yes, drinks everyone fusses over the menu for Thanksgiving but what about the drink in your hand? Come on don’t be shy you know you’ll have some sort of alcoholic beverage in your hand at all times, how else are you going to get through the embarrassing stories your parents are going to be telling all your family and friends!?
Assuming everyone will be having turkey for dinner that day the easy go to would be white wine, right? Well yes, it’s a classic drink for dinner but instead I’m going to go through some easy and fun cocktails that go great with welcoming in the winter season and washing down that turkey dinner!
- Last Minute Mulled Wine– Thanksgiving the morning of can be best described as controlled chaos, people are coming over gathering in the kitchen wanting to talk and share with you while your trying to put out a 6 course meal. No big deal. It’s ok though, you don’t need much to make this one a home run just a bottle of red wine some brandy and spices. This will warm your guests right up, check out the recipe here!
- Like I keep saying Thanksgiving is all about being thankful for what we have right! Well, let’s give thanks to the Scottish for this one, even though they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving that’s ok. This seasonal cocktail uses Highland’s 12 year scotch along with apple butter and lemon to create what we call the Hudson Highland Cup. This cocktail is perfect for those whiskey drinkers in the family and even those a little shy of the Scottish water the flavors meld into something entirely amazing and will be great for everyone! Check out the recipe here!
- Now before you fall asleep on the couch and miss all the football games make sure you get a taste of this next cocktail it’ll be sure to wake you up a bit! Holiday at the Hive is a Grey Goose L’Orange drink with a touch of Grand Marnier, lemon and honey. It will give you that bit of a kick that you need to keep you going through the night! Recipe Here.
- This drink is not only pleasing to the eye but also your tummy! Pomegranate is a great winter berry and here we sweeten it up with a little orange to make the amazing Pomegranate Orange Punch! Recipe here.
- Now this Turkey Holiday Mule is a recipe of my own although there are many many different types of mule recipes coming out these days. This whiskey mule is great to bring out the flavors of the season and entice all your guests!
1/2 oz Grand Marnier
1/2 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
1 1/2 oz Wild Turkey Burbon
3 oz chilled ginger beer
1 rosemary sprig
orange slice, for garnish
sugared cranberries, for garnish
Combine Grand Marnier, cranberry juice, and Whiskey. Pour over ice and top with ginger beer. Serve garnished with rosemary, orange wedge and sugared cranberries, if desired.
6. Every family get together has that one crazy relative (or more) that has a little to much to drink and then gets a little crazy. Well this drink has their name written all over it, go ahead and join them it’ll be fun! 😉 This Holiday Rum Sparkler is an easy upscale cocktail that is a sure crowd pleaser! Get the recipe here!
7. Bill Heck’s Old Fashioned– This seasonal drink will have you ordering these at the bar on any old day, these seasonal flavors really amp up the original recipe for good! Check it out here!
8. This sweet rendition will surely wake you up and get you cooking this Thanksgiving and your guests will love it as well. A great twist on the original mimosa. These seasonal friendly Carmel Apple Mimosas are a sweet treat morning of! Check it out!
9. Ok, it’s Friday afternoon and you have leftovers for day’s what’s the best cocktail to wash down those Black Friday leftovers? This Ginger Smash is great to help wake you up and help settle your overstretched stomach after the night before! With a touch of cranberry and gin the ginger is the star here, Check out this recipe here!
10. This last one on the list is one of my favorites and can be great everyday! Also one of my own concoctions I’m very proud of, the CrownedBerry can be poured a few different ways. Here’s how!
3 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
1 1/2 oz Crown Royal Apple
1 squeeze of lemon
1 oz Champagne
lemon slice, for garnish
Like I said there are two ways you can do this for one: Combine lemon juice, cranberry juice, and Whiskey. Pour over ice and top with Champagne. Garnish with lemon Serve. Or two, lose the Champagne all together, (which is actually my favorite) and Combine lemon juice, cranberry juice, and Whiskey. Pour over ice. A simple way to invite the holidays into your home this season!
Hope you enjoy these seasonal favorite cocktails! But most of all I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving full of happiness, family, love and some great embarrassing stories!